FAQ: Why Travel To Morocco?
- 1 What is so special about Morocco?
- 2 Why do tourists visit Morocco?
- 3 What is Morocco best known for?
- 4 Is Morocco good for tourists?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 7 Is Morocco an expensive place to visit?
- 8 What is the famous food in Morocco?
- 9 What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
- 10 Are things cheap in Morocco?
- 11 Is English spoken in Morocco?
- 12 What are Moroccans good at?
- 13 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 14 Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
- 15 What is considered rude in Morocco?
What is so special about Morocco?
Morocco is known for being one of the most tolerant of the Arab nations. The country is relatively safe, peaceful and stable. Moroccan people, both Arabic and Berber, are also noted for their warm hospitality and friendly nature.
Why do tourists visit Morocco?
This country has desert, mountains, beaches, small villages and big cities; a little something for everyone. The food is amazing, the culture is unique, and the prices are affordable. There are also a number of cultural tips and things to know before going to Morocco, which will be included in this list.
What is Morocco best known for?
10 Things Morocco is Famous For
- The Atlas Mountains.
- The Moroccan Desert & Sahara.
- Moroccan Wild Beaches & Azure Coasts.
- Moroccan Ski Resorts.
- Morocco Monuments, Architecture & History.
- Moroccan Food.
- Morocco Unique Culture.
- Morocco Cats.
Is Morocco good for tourists?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May) or fall (September to October). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer. The coastal regions can be visited year-round.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Morocco allows the consumption of alcohol. Alcohol must be purchased and consumed in licensed hotels, bars, and tourist areas. You can also buy alcohol in most major supermarkets. There are a small number of bars and restaurants which permit drinking outside, but only tourists are allowed to drink in public.
Is Morocco an expensive place to visit?
Is travelling to Morocco expensive? Morocco is a pretty affordable travel destination. Yes, there are luxury hotels and desert camps if you are looking for a high-end experience, but that’s not the norm. The majority of Morocco’s accommodation, tours, and restaurants are all quite affordable.
What is the famous food in Morocco?
Top 11 Foods to eat in Morocco
- Couscous. Commonly served with meat or vegetables, it is almost impossible to leave Morocco without trying this popular dish.
- Bastilla. This savory and unique pie features layered sheets of thin dough.
- Mint Tea.
- Fish Chermoula.
What are 5 interesting facts about Morocco?
The most interesting facts about Morocco
- There is also a Red City in Morocco.
- 99% of Moroccans are Muslim.
- Mint tea is the national drink of Morocco.
- Snake charmers are a real thing in Morocco.
- Morocco borders both the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea.
- Moroccan leather isn’t just a souvenir, it’s a attraction.
Are things cheap in Morocco?
On the other hand, It is important to bear in mind that Morocco is generally not as dirt cheap as some travellers expect. In fact, many things in Morocco are more expensive than in Europe, like cars, electronics and alcohol. Therefore, luxury items and imported goods are significantly more expensive than in Europe.
Is English spoken in Morocco?
English is an emerging language in Morocco, especially in larger cities. English speakers abound in Morocco. And most taxi drivers, even in larger cities, speak very little (if any) English. So, though there are English speakers to be found, English still is not one of the most common languages in Morocco.
What are Moroccans good at?
Moroccan people are tolerant, welcoming, and friendly to foreigners. They treat others very well, in responding to their tradition, values, and culture. Also, they are very careful about the reputation of their country. That’s why they are working on making their country’s reputation better than before.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the monarchy.
- Use your left hand to eat with.
- Walk around in beachwear (away from the beach)
- Expect everyone to speak English.
- Limit your stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to be like the movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
Can unmarried couples sleep together in Morocco?
It is against the law in Morocco for unmarried Moroccan couples to sleep together in the same room. This can sometimes impact non-Moroccans with accommodation imposing a blanket ban on unmarried couples sharing rooms at their own discretion.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.