Question: Where Can American Citizens Travel Without A Passport?
- 1 What Caribbean islands don’t require a US passport?
- 2 What resorts can you go to without a passport?
- 3 What states does not require a passport?
- 4 What islands do not require a U.S. passport?
- 5 Can you go to the Bahamas without a passport?
- 6 Can a felon get a passport?
- 7 Can you fly to Hawaii without a passport?
- 8 Can I go to St Thomas without a passport?
- 9 Can I enter the US without a passport?
- 10 Can you fly without a passport?
- 11 Can I go to Cancun without a passport?
- 12 What part of Mexico does not require a passport?
- 13 Do you need a passport for St Croix?
- 14 Where can I go with a U.S. passport?
What Caribbean islands don’t require a US passport?
A Caribbean vacation isn’t out of reach without a passport if you stick to the U.S. Virgin Islands: St. John, St. Croix and St. Thomas.
What resorts can you go to without a passport?
Our best all inclusive vacations with no passport needed are:
- Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort – St. Thomas.
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort – St. Thomas.
- Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort & Casino – St. Croix.
- Melia Coco Beach – Puerto Rico.
What states does not require a passport?
7 destinations that offer paradise without a passport
- Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico tourism has been hit hard in the past few years, with Hurricane Maria ravishing the island back in 2017 and then COVID-19 taking its toll in 2020.
- U.S. Virgin Islands.
- San Diego, California.
- American Samoa.
- Key West, Florida.
What islands do not require a U.S. passport?
Five exotic places you can go without a U.S. passport
- Puerto Rico. The island of Puerto Rico (officially an unincorporated territory of the United States) has long been a favorite of travelers from the contiguous 48.
- United States Virgin Islands.
- Northern Mariana Islands.
- American Samoa.
Can you go to the Bahamas without a passport?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Can a felon get a passport?
According to USA Today, most felons can get a passport without a problem. This is assuming a person is not currently awaiting trial, on probation or parole or otherwise banned from leaving the country.
Can you fly to Hawaii without a passport?
If you’re traveling direct to Hawaii from any other US state, you won’t need a passport. This is because Hawaii has been a US state since 1959 as well as a US territory since 1898. Whether you are a citizen, permanent resident or anything else, you don’t need a passport when traveling within the United States.
Can I go to St Thomas without a passport?
As a United States Territory, travel to the U.S. Virgin Islands does not require a passport from U.S. citizens arriving from Puerto Rico or the U.S. mainland. Entry requirements for non-U.S. citizens are the same as for entering the United States from any foreign destination.
Can I enter the US without a passport?
All travelers entering the United States from all other countries need a passport upon arrival (regardless of their country of citizenship). Permanent residents and foreign nationals may also need a U.S. visa. You must apply for a visa before you start your trip.
Can you fly without a passport?
The good news is that American citizens do not need a passport to fly domestically. You will always need a passport to fly internationally though. Read on for more info about the types of ID you can use while traveling domestically, upcoming changes to ID that will affect all US travelers, and how to get a passport.
Can I go to Cancun without a passport?
All Americans traveling to Cancun must have a valid U.S. passport when flying into Mexico, available through the U.S. State Department (travel.state.gov). A passport or passport card is accepted for travelers driving from the United States to Cancun or for those arriving by cruise ship or other watercraft.
What part of Mexico does not require a passport?
23 No Passport: Mexico Parts of Mexico, like Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas, are two of the most popular destinations, where visitors can join in water-based activities and enjoy an exciting nightlife. Cabo San Lucas’ main beach also includes numerous restaurants and fun bars.
Do you need a passport for St Croix?
Citizens and and Lawful Permanent Residents it is always recommended that you travel with your passport if you have one, since it is the easiest document to present anywhere you go. But, because St. Croix, St. John are U.S. territories, a passport is NOT required when travelling here.
Where can I go with a U.S. passport?
Americans can travel to most European, Caribbean, and Central and South American countries without a visa, along with many other popular tourism destinations. Countries that U.S. passport holders need visas to enter include Russia, India, China, Vietnam, Turkey, and more, and others require e-visas to visit.