Quick Answer: How To Travel In Istanbul?
- 1 What is the best way to travel around Istanbul?
- 2 How do you travel inside Istanbul?
- 3 What should I avoid in Istanbul?
- 4 Is it safe to visit Istanbul 2020?
- 5 Is it safe to walk at night in Istanbul?
- 6 Are taxis expensive in Istanbul?
- 7 Is Istanbul easy to get around?
- 8 How do you pay for the tram in Istanbul?
- 9 How much does a taxi cost from Istanbul airport to Blue Mosque?
- 10 Do they speak English in Istanbul?
- 11 What should I be careful of in Turkey?
- 12 How can I have fun in Istanbul?
- 13 Can you drink alcohol in Istanbul?
- 14 Is Turkey expensive to visit?
- 15 How many days do you need in Istanbul?
What is the best way to travel around Istanbul?
The best ways to get around Istanbul are the buses and trams, which conveniently cover the touristy areas. But remember, buses don’t have maps inside and drivers do not announce stops, so you’ll need to remain vigilant and watch where you are going.
How do you travel inside Istanbul?
Underground metro lines, metrobus connection and taxis are the other options for travel in Istanbul. Transport in Istanbul depends greatly on city buses. A nostalgic ride can be enjoyed on board an historical tram at Istiklal Street of Beyoglu. The Tunnel, an underground funicular provides an enjoyable excursion.
What should I avoid in Istanbul?
12 Things You Should Avoid Doing in Istanbul
- Don’t stay close to the sights.
- Don’t take the tram on Istiklal.
- Don’t shop on Istiklal.
- Don’t think there will be no queues.
- Don’t buy apple tea.
- Don’t buy everything you see in the bazaars.
- Don’t buy in bazaars without haggling.
- Don’t be afraid to try street food.
Is it safe to visit Istanbul 2020?
The FCO has advised that Istanbul, Turkey’s largest city, and Ankara, its capital, are mostly safe. However, it warns that as in other major cities, precautions should be taken to avoid the chances of being caught up in civil unrest or a terrorist attack.
Is it safe to walk at night in Istanbul?
Yes, it is safe to walk around the streets in Istanbul at night. While it’s still safer during the day, you’ll be unlikely to wander into a sketchy area.
Are taxis expensive in Istanbul?
Taxis are one of the quickest and cheapest ways of getting around Istanbul. A normal journey should cost between 5 and 10 lira. Some taxi drivers are a little wild with their driving, and if you’ve only travelled around Europe it might be a little worrying.
Is Istanbul easy to get around?
The Bosphorus divides the city into two parts and that makes the ferries and sea-buses become a practical means of daily transportation in Istanbul. The three busiest areas for tourists, that include Sultanahmet, Galata and Taksim, are easy to get around on foot.
How do you pay for the tram in Istanbul?
In order to use all public transportation in Istanbul (boats, subways, buses, tramways, funiculars), you will need the magnetic card (Istanbul Kart). You can find it in the small kiosks near all metro stations, piers, and also bus stations. It costs 7 TL, you will then add credit.
How much does a taxi cost from Istanbul airport to Blue Mosque?
The quickest way to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Sultan Ahmed Mosque is to taxi which costs 160 ₺ – 200 ₺ and takes 34 min.
Do they speak English in Istanbul?
What language do they speak in Istanbul? Turkish is the official language of Turkey and English is widely spoken in Istanbul; visitors are often surprised by the relatively high level of English spoken by most Turks. An attempt to use Turkish is very much appreciated and considered good manners, though.
What should I be careful of in Turkey?
These Are the Things Tourists Should Never Do in Turkey, Ever
- Enter a mosque dressed scantily.
- Ride a taxi without a logo.
- Only go shopping at malls.
- Visit while you’re on a diet.
- Focus solely on the touristic areas.
- Expect drivers to abide by traffic rules.
- Show off your wealth.
How can I have fun in Istanbul?
We’ve rounded up some of our best suggestions for free things to do in Istanbul we think you will love.
- Take a Free Walking Tour of Istanbul.
- Picnic at Gulhane Park.
- Explore Different Neighborhoods.
- Stroll Istiklal Avenue.
- Catch the Sunset on the Galata Bridge.
- Cruise the Bosphorus River.
Can you drink alcohol in Istanbul?
It is perfectly legal to drink in Istanbul, there are loads of bars there. You don’t really see people walking down the street drinking.
Is Turkey expensive to visit?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Turkey is $870 for a solo traveler, $1,416 for a couple, and $1,054 for a family of 4. Turkey hotels range from $33 to $141 per night with an average of $54, while most vacation rentals will cost $70 to $390 per night for the entire home.
How many days do you need in Istanbul?
Wondering how many days in Istanbul is ideal? For a first-time visitor, there are plenty of things to see and places to visit in Istanbul, and to cover all of the sights you should aim to spend no less than 2 to 3 days in the city.