Readers ask: How To Travel The Greek Islands?
- 1 What is the best way to travel the Greek islands?
- 2 How easy is it to travel around the Greek islands?
- 3 How much does it cost to travel the Greek islands?
- 4 How do you get from Athens to the Greek islands?
- 5 What is the nicest Greek island?
- 6 Which Greek island is Mamma Mia filmed on?
- 7 Which Greek island is the least touristy?
- 8 How do you get around Greece cheaply?
- 9 Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
- 10 How many days in Greece is enough?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 12 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 13 What is the easiest Greek island to get to from Athens?
- 14 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
What is the best way to travel the Greek islands?
The best way to travel among these islands is by boarding a fast ferry. The ferry travel times between these Greek islands vary from 2 hours to 45 minutes (Paros-Naxos). The three islands can also make an excellent escape from the bustle of Santorini and are perfect options for a one-day trip or a weekend away.
How easy is it to travel around the Greek islands?
It’s generally easiest to travel between islands within one group than to archipelago-hop. In this guide, we’ll break down the best Greek islands to visit, including what each island group is known for, and how to travel within each archipelago.
How much does it cost to travel the Greek islands?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How do you get from Athens to the Greek islands?
The Greek Islands can be accessed from Athens either by flying or by taking a ferry. Ferries leave from Piraeus port in Athens. Distances and travel times can vary widely, depending on your destination. Each of Greece’s islands is unique, and they all have a lot to offer.
What is the nicest Greek island?
Which is The Best Greek Island?
- KEFALONIA – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR FOODIES.
- RHODES – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR HISTORY.
- SANTORINI – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR COUPLES AND HONEYMOONS.
- CRETE – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR HIKING.
- MYKONOS – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR PARTYING.
- THASSOS – BEST GREEK ISLAND FOR PEACE AND QUIET.
Which Greek island is Mamma Mia filmed on?
Millions of people worldwide loved the 2008 blockbuster movie, ‘Mamma Mia’. Many of the scenes of the popular movie were shot on the Greek Islands of Skopelos and Skiathos under the pretence that the story was set on a totally fictional island called Kalokairi.
Which Greek island is the least touristy?
Anafi. A little-known secret, Anafi is one of the least visited islands in the Cyclades despite being just 22km (14mi) from Santorini.
How do you get around Greece cheaply?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
How to get to Corfu: This is one of the easiest (and most popular) islands to visit from the UK, with direct flights from 17 airports. Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2, TUI, Norwegian and Thomas Cook all fly to Corfu International Airport (aka Ioannis Kapodistrias).
How many days in Greece is enough?
We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Greece is October.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
Greece is known for glorious summer weather, blazing sunshine and clear blue skies from May to September. This is typically the best time to visit Greece – the country is full of life and temperatures reach the late 30s. It’s also peak season, though, so many tourists descend on the small island.
What is the easiest Greek island to get to from Athens?
Poros is a marvelous green island in the Saronic Gulf. It’s a favorite destination for weekend breaks, as it is easily accessible both from Athens as well as through the Peloponnese. The island of Poros is great if you’re looking for an island with strong traditional character and modern amenities.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.