Readers ask: Where Can A Us Citizen Travel Without A Passport?
- 1 What countries can US citizens travel to without a passport?
- 2 What Caribbean islands do not require a US passport?
- 3 Can a US citizen travel abroad without a passport?
- 4 What states does not require a passport?
- 5 Can I fly without a passport?
- 6 Can you go to the Bahamas without a passport?
- 7 Where can I go with U.S. passport?
- 8 Can you fly to Hawaii without a passport?
- 9 Do you need a passport for St Croix?
- 10 How long can US citizen stay abroad?
- 11 Can US citizens enter US from Canada?
- 12 Can I fly in the US without a passport?
- 13 What islands can you visit without a passport?
- 14 What resorts can you go to without a passport?
- 15 Can you go to Cancun without a passport?
What countries can US citizens travel to without a passport?
Places to Travel Without a Passport
- 12 Destinations – You Don’t Need a U.S. Passport. Here is a list of 12 places to travel without a passport that can make this a reality.
- St Thomas US Virgin Islands.
- St John US Virgin Islands.
- St Croix US Virgin Islands.
- Puerto Rico.
- Mariana Islands.
What Caribbean islands do not require a US passport?
A Caribbean vacation isn’t out of reach without a passport if you stick to the U.S. Virgin Islands: St. John, St. Croix and St. Thomas.
Can a US citizen travel abroad without a passport?
Citizens – Documents needed to enter the United States and/or to travel Internationally. All U.S. citizens traveling internationally by air are required to present a valid U.S. passport to board a flight to the United States. Military personnel traveling under orders may present photo ID and orders.
What states does not require a passport?
7 destinations that offer paradise without a passport
- Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico tourism has been hit hard in the past few years, with Hurricane Maria ravishing the island back in 2017 and then COVID-19 taking its toll in 2020.
- U.S. Virgin Islands.
- San Diego, California.
- American Samoa.
- Key West, Florida.
Can I fly without a passport?
You’ll always need your passport for international flights and you may need other documents too. There are specific requirements for travel to and from the United States and for young passengers travelling alone.
Can you go to the Bahamas without a passport?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Where can I go with U.S. passport?
Americans can travel to most European, Caribbean, and Central and South American countries without a visa, along with many other popular tourism destinations. Countries that U.S. passport holders need visas to enter include Russia, India, China, Vietnam, Turkey, and more, and others require e-visas to visit.
Can you fly to Hawaii without a passport?
If you’re traveling direct to Hawaii from any other US state, you won’t need a passport. This is because Hawaii has been a US state since 1959 as well as a US territory since 1898. Whether you are a citizen, permanent resident or anything else, you don’t need a passport when traveling within the United States.
Do you need a passport for St Croix?
Citizens and and Lawful Permanent Residents it is always recommended that you travel with your passport if you have one, since it is the easiest document to present anywhere you go. But, because St. Croix, St. John are U.S. territories, a passport is NOT required when travelling here.
How long can US citizen stay abroad?
Remaining outside the United States for more than 12 months may result in a loss of lawful permanent resident status.
Can US citizens enter US from Canada?
Canada is officially allowing vaccinated Americans to cross into the country through the land border as of Monday after more than a year of restrictions. The U.S. border remains closed to Canadian travelers for now, but the federal government will either begin to lift or further extend restrictions on Aug. 21.
Can I fly in the US without a passport?
You must present an acceptable ID, such as a valid passport, state-issued enhanced driver’s license or U.S. military ID, to fly within the U.S. You will not be allowed to fly if your identity cannot be verified.
What islands can you visit without a passport?
Tropical Places You Can Visit Without a Passport: Carribean
- St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands.
- St. John, US Virgin Islands.
- St. Croix, US Virgin Islands.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Culebra, Puerto Rico.
- Key West, Florida.
- Miami, Florida.
- Anna Maria Island, Florida.
What resorts can you go to without a passport?
Our best all inclusive vacations with no passport needed are:
- Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort – St. Thomas.
- Bolongo Bay Beach Resort – St. Thomas.
- Divi Carina Bay Beach Resort & Casino – St. Croix.
- Melia Coco Beach – Puerto Rico.
Can you go to Cancun without a passport?
All Americans traveling to Cancun must have a valid U.S. passport when flying into Mexico, available through the U.S. State Department (travel.state.gov). A passport or passport card is accepted for travelers driving from the United States to Cancun or for those arriving by cruise ship or other watercraft.