Readers ask: Where To Travel In Morocco?
- 1 Is it safe to travel in Morocco?
- 2 Where can I travel in Morocco?
- 3 What should I avoid in Morocco?
- 4 Is it better to fly into Casablanca or Marrakech?
- 5 Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
- 6 Is Morocco expensive to visit?
- 7 What is bad about Morocco?
- 8 Can unmarried couples share a hotel room in Morocco?
- 9 Is Morocco a poor country?
- 10 What is the best month to visit Morocco?
- 11 What is considered rude in Morocco?
- 12 Can you eat pork in Morocco?
- 13 Is Casablanca worth visiting?
- 14 How many days should you spend in Morocco?
- 15 Which is better Marrakech or Fez?
Is it safe to travel in Morocco?
In truth, Morocco is a safe place to visit. There’s only really small crime there (scams and pickpockets) and you’re unlikely to be assaulted or seriously hurt as a tourist in the country. Morocco is super safe for tourists now. Petty crime is rampant here, especially against tourists.
Where can I travel in Morocco?
Where to go in Morocco
- Tangier, Tetouan and the northwest. Morocco.
- The Mediterranean coast and the Rif. Morocco.
- Fez, Meknes and the Middle Atlas. Morocco.
- The Atlantic coast: Rabat to Essaouira. Morocco.
- Marrakesh. Morocco.
- The High Atlas. Morocco.
- The southern oases routes. Morocco.
- Agadir, the Souss and Anti-Atlas. Morocco.
What should I avoid in Morocco?
Things That Tourists Should Never Do in Morocco, Ever
- Disrespect Islam.
- Disrespect the monarchy.
- Use your left hand to eat with.
- Walk around in beachwear (away from the beach)
- Expect everyone to speak English.
- Limit your stay to Marrakech.
- Expect Casablanca to be like the movie.
- Think fez hats come from the city of Fez.
Is it better to fly into Casablanca or Marrakech?
Visitors generally recommend Marrakech over Casablanca for its vibe, colors and smells, history, and tourist-friendly atmosphere (despite some hassles). Casablanca is often described as an unfriendly concrete jungle that is not so tourist-friendly and offers limited interest.
Can you drink alcohol in Morocco?
Morocco allows the consumption of alcohol. Alcohol must be purchased and consumed in licensed hotels, bars, and tourist areas. You can also buy alcohol in most major supermarkets. There are a small number of bars and restaurants which permit drinking outside, but only tourists are allowed to drink in public.
Is Morocco expensive to visit?
Is travelling to Morocco expensive? Morocco is a pretty affordable travel destination. Yes, there are luxury hotels and desert camps if you are looking for a high-end experience, but that’s not the norm. The majority of Morocco’s accommodation, tours, and restaurants are all quite affordable.
What is bad about Morocco?
The bad side of the moroccan culture Morocco is a very poor country where the don’ts are more than the permissions. Tourism is the biggest income for moroccan people, so for them everything is a good reason to sell you something. They have also put in place many scams and they can be really insistent.
In principle, Morocco is among the more liberal of the Islamic nations. Sexual contact between unmarried people is prohibited, under Article 490 of the Moroccan penal code. And as such, it is technically illegal for unmarried couples to share a hotel room.
Is Morocco a poor country?
The living standards in Morocco is rated as low. It is by international standards that Morocco is considered a poor country. Global Finance Magazine has ranked it as one of the poorest countries in the world. Out of the 35.2 million population of the country in 2018, some of them are poor and at risk of poverty.
What is the best month to visit Morocco?
The best time to visit Morocco is during spring (mid-March to May) or fall (September to October). The weather is warm but pleasant, unlike the cold temperatures and snow of winter, or the scorching heat of summer. The coastal regions can be visited year-round.
What is considered rude in Morocco?
In Morocco, the left hand is reserved for bathroom hygiene and dirty chores. So it is considered incredibly rude to eat, shake hands, give a gift, or leave a tip with your left hand.
Can you eat pork in Morocco?
Consumption of pork is prohibited by Islam. Pig farming is permitted in Morocco and Tunesia to cater for the European tourists who flock there annually.
Is Casablanca worth visiting?
Casablanca in Morocco is often overlooked as a travel destination, since most tourists bypass Morocco’s largest city and head on to Marrakech and Fes. But instead of immediately hopping on a train or connecting flight, it’s worth it to spend at least a day or two discovering all the things to do in Casablanca, Morocco.
How many days should you spend in Morocco?
Ten days may just be the sweet spot when it comes to the ideal amount of time to spend in Morocco. It’s enough time that you won’t be rushed, and it’s easy to modify one of these weeklong itineraries to allow a couple of extra days in a place you love—and wish to linger in—along the way.
Which is better Marrakech or Fez?
It’s also home to some of Morocco’s biggest highlights, such as the bustling Djemma el Fna. In comparison, Fes sees fewer visitors and is thought to offer a more authentic experience. The lack of cars in the medina makes it seem less chaotic and so the city is a great choice for a more relaxed getaway.